Lexicon of idioms and slang
Students of the English language need guidance to negotiate the minefield of English idiomatic usage. In most cases, the sense of the whole expression cannot be arrived at from an understanding of the individual words; a special meaning is attached to the whole expression. Confidence in the use of idiomatic language is a reliable measure of the proficiency of a foreign learner. It is hoped that this new lexicon/dictionary will enable learners to reach this goal.
Within the book you will find:
· More than 25.000 entries covering idioms, phrasal verbs and slang
· Clear, easy-to-use format
· Greek/English translations or equivalent Greek/English idioms for comparison
· Structural variants of many entries
· Multiple entries under separate components of an expression
· Examples for each entry illustrating usage
· Graphics for visual explanation of some entries
Μοιράσου την εμπειρία σου!
Γράψε μια αξιολόγηση για το English - Greek και βοήθησε σημαντικά τους άλλους χρήστες!Αξιολόγησε το προϊόν